I can’t get enough of this Dairy Free Almond Joy Collagen Smoothie Bowl — a healthy way to enjoy all the flavors of the candy bar without all the sugar.
It’s hereeeee! Welcome to Elle Fait smoothie week everyone. We’re kicking things off with none other than a collagen-packed almond joy smoothie bowl. Sounds amazing, right? Right.
I’m currently en route to Tulum where we’re going to be practicing food photography all week! I’m so pumped. This was a big investment for me in my photography career, I knew I wanted to take the leap. I’ve enjoyed being a food photographer so much that I was ready to put down money for anything that would bring me closer to getting to do more of this. I also am a firm believer in investing in yourself whenever you have the opportunity. I should also add that yes, I’m still paying off student loans. But it don’t think that’s a reason to say no to more learning opportunities when the time is right.
So anyways, I’m in Tulum, you’re making smoothie bowls. All is right in the world. Let’s keep things this way.
Oh, and make sure you come back tomorrow! I’ve got a mint chip smoothie coming up that’ll knock your socks off.
WHY should you drink COLLAGEN?
I try to get collagen in 2-3 times a day, and also have a cup of bone broth and a serving of bone broth protein. Our bodies need collagen for bones, connective tissue, skin, hair, and nails. It’s been a super important element in my gut healing journey, too. Our bodies produce collagen but we don’t make enough as we get older, and for those of us with autoimmune conditions we can never get enough help! I can’t say enough good things about what collagen has done for me to stay healthy, and it’s also helped me to grow back all the hair I lost when I was at my sickest.
Tips for making Almond Joy Smoothie bowls:
- Make sure your sweet potato isn’t hot! I like to even put mine in the freezer for a bit to get it extra cold
- Don’t leave out the collagen! It really helps with the texture, plus it’s amazing for you. I love Great Lakes or Vital Proteins!
- Don’t skimp on the toppings! This is one of the best parts 🙂
What you need to make Almond Joy Smoothie bowls:
- Cooked sweet potato, cooled – this helps make a fruitless smoothie that’s still rich, creamy, and healthy!
- Coconut milk – or another non-dairy milk
- Cocoa powder – wouldn’t be almond joy without chocolate!
- Almond butter – because, well, duh!
- Collagen protein – I love Great Lakes or Vital Proteins!
- Honey – to add a dash of sweetness!
- Ice cubes
- All the fun toppings! Things like almond butter slivered almonds, shredded coconut, chocolate chips
OTHER COLLAGEN SMOOTHIES:
- Vanilla Chai Smoothie
- Toasted Coconut Collagen Smoothie
- Mint Chip Collagen Smoothie
- Black Forest Smoothie
- Paleo Sweet Potato Gingerbread Smoothie
- Blood Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
Almond joy Collagen Smoothie Bowl
I can’t get enough of this Almond joy collagen smoothie bowl — a healthy way to enjoy all the flavors of the candy bar without all the sugar.
- 1/2 cup cooked sweet potato cooled
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp almond butter
- 1 serving collagen
- 1 tbsp honey optional
- 1/3 cup ice cubes
- Toppings: almond butter slivered almonds, shredded coconut, chocolate chips
Add all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Add more ice to achieve a thicker consistency.
Garnish with desired toppings and enjoy!