This creamy, flavorful Paleo Mulligatawny soup is my new favorite go-to on weeknights! A easy, AIP-compliant way to get a nourishing dinner on the table.
Tips for making Paleo Mulligatawny Soup:
- I make mine with cauliflower rice, but you could totally use regular rice if you can tolerate it. I also chose to keep this soup pretty mild so it would be AIP compliant, but feel free to add paprika or chili powder to make yours a little more flavorful!
Paleo Mulligatawny Soup
- 1 tsbp coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger grated
- 2 cups diced chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup sweet onion diced
- 1 medium apple chopped
- 6 carrots peeled and chopped
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup Cilantro fresh
- 1 tsp turmeric
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 4 cups chicken bone broth I used bonafide provisions
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups cooked cauliflower rice for serving
Place coconut oil, garlic, and ginger in a large pot over medium heat.
Saute for 2-3 minutes, and then add chicken and onion. Cook on medium-high for about 5 minutes per side, or until each piece is white and cooked through. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
Add celery, apple, and carrots to the skillet, with additional oil if needed. Saute for 7-8 minutes, or until softened. Return the chicken to the skillet.
Add chicken broth, coconut milk, turmeric, thyme, and salt to the skillet. Stir to combine as you bring the soup to a boil, and then reduce to low heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve over cooked cauliflower rice and enjoy!